Queer Housing

Queer Housing Nacional is a public space for queer women of color and our allies seeking/offering long/short term housing anywhere. An alternative to Craigslist ads, because we u-haul, then break up, create good energy, have alters, are artists, and spread positive energy.

Shawn created Queer Housing Nacional in September 2010 to respond to the need for queer community in each aspect of our lives, including housing.  Since September 2010’s launch of Queer Housing Nacional, additional Housing listservs and resources for queer folks have begun, including the Queer Commons Housing List and the Queer Housing NYC Facebook group, mirrored after the housing resource open for hundreds of queer folk.

Queer Housing Nacional Members:

Complete a Queer Housing Nacional Survey
Recommend a Queer Woman of Color or Ally to Join!

Read the chapter on Queer Housing Nacional, titled, Queer Housing Nacional Google Group: A Librarian’s Documentation of a Community-Specific Resource, here.

5 Responses to Queer Housing

1. Abu Hena says:

Thank you for your informative article, I have been doing research on this subject, and for three days I keep entering sites that are supposed to have what I am searching for, only to be discouraged with the lack of what I needed. Thank you again.

We Provide Craigslist house posting if any one need to know about this service

2. Pingback: Keynote: Shawn(ta) Smith-Cruz | LGBTQ+ Archives, Libraries, Museums and Special Collections

3. Hi Ronnie,
    I added you to the listserv already at Saskia’s request. I recommend sending that message there, so that the community may see it. If you have questions on how to do this, I can walk you through.

Shawn

4. I am a lesbian Woman of color in need of a home, I am older so I would like it to be more of a home . Where folks clean there own mess and Are polite and cordial with good Communication Skills. I like to cook an would not mind cooking for the roommate once in a while, I make my living by house painting and other construction work. Trying to be a story teller and have done a couple of performances Fun, I do stay to myself a lot but love a good Conversation. I pay my rent on time always.

5. Pingback: Welcome to my Living Room | Shawn(ta) Smith