Librarianship

Presentations

Librarians as faculty are expected to give talks and presentations on their work. Recently, I’ve given talks on Information Literacy and Social Media in Reference.

Liaison Relationships & Collection Development

Librarians who are liaisons to departments often participate in the Collection Development of books, DVDs, electronic resources, and other materials for those departments.

As an LGBTQ liaison, this interdisciplinary subject allows me to collect materials from a special endowment fund, thereby creating a Queer Library Collection.

Additional Subjects for which I am a liaison and participate in the collection development are listed here.

Research Appointments

Complete this form to schedule a research appointment.

Complete this form to request an instruction for your students, class, or large group.

2 Responses to Librarianship

1. Hi Connie,
    Thank you for visiting my page!

If you have a CUNY ID, that is what is required to enter any other CUNY library. Special permission is not required. However, the IDs do require you to be a current matriculate or staff or faculty. If you are retired, then this access may be limited to LaGuardia. Your access depends on how your ID is current, and under which grounds.

Since one-on-one appointments are limited to the Graduate Center community, please visit the GC library website and complete the appropriate online form to describe your research needs. The Request Forms tab is at the bottom of this page: http://library.gc.cuny.edu/using-the-library/

Whether you and I schedule a meeting, or I connect you with an appropriate librarian, we can be in communication via email.

I hope this was helpful and I look forward to receiving your official inquiry.

Shawn

2. constance Gemson says:

I am a former adjunct lecturer at LaGuardia Community College. I am now retired and would like access to the CUNY Graduate Center library. I have a present LaGuardia ID. What else do I need to do?

My research interest is in narrative medicine and creative writing for cancer patients.

I would love to meet with you.

Thank you.

Connie Gemson